Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Art Fire epic failure

So, I kept hearing about how much better Artfire's SEO was over Etsy's , so I thought I'd give it another go with a free account. If it got my name out there, what could it hurt? Maybe they'd gotten some of the bugs out by now.
Or not.

Fail #1:

Out of curiosity as to how much beadweaving was now on Artfire I did a search...which led to my finding MY old listings from months ago listed under AFAdmin's account!!!

I got a "oops, we're sorry, we had a trainee take down your account and when you started posting again this happened by mistake" email.
uh ok.

Fail #2
Days later, I went to check on my stats, and began scratching my head.
Nope, that piece is not mine ...


When I contacted admin they told me it was simply old stats from a necklace I has listed previously. I told them no, it was a bracelet and not mine.
They sent another generic email stating how much they wanted to help me and could I give them more details-more details than there is a bracelet that is not mine? I can't give more details, the listing won't really come up. It's still there in my stats two weeks later.


Fail 3: SEO
It's horrible.
I have a total of eleven, that's right count 'em eleven hits on my two pieces listed since July 16.
My etsy stats?
They were better than that during the whole SEO fiasco when they had handmade stuck in front of all our listings!
Granted some of that is from me promoting, but the whole point in me NOT promoting artfire was to see if the whole SEO promotings was true or not...turns out to be a resounding NOT.

EDIT
Fail 4: When I listed my first item it did not save my price and had it listed for $0. yea. I know I entered an amount the first time through. Thankfully I had a lovely member of the community message me that it was on the front page for nothing at all.

I'm taking my items down...
Maybe they just need to grow up...
But I really don't think they will ever live up to the hype.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave up on ArtFire a long time ago, but I didn't realize it was that bad either... I just wasn't feelin' it.

*sigh*

Kim said...

got a huge comment from admin at AF trying to save face...sorry, I've had enough words that have no follow through...
They were trying to say they'd give me tools to MAKE the SEO work. um ok? I understand there are key words and so forth...but somehow a LOT of people find me through the SEO on etsy no problem...why would I bother?

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Sorry you had so much trouble with them. I had a paying account and decided not to do it after all so closed it. My free account is still there with nothing in it.